Sunday, March 8, 2009

Employment opportunity

Many times we hear parents of children with disability wondering what they will do with their children after elementary education. Will now these programs do provide some answer to parents and students

This website is very useful and helpful to students, parents and employers. Through these programs students are taught life long skills to enable each to make positive contribution to their community despite their condition. I am hopeful that one of these days, I will be able to create a transitional program for our Belizean children or students. We in Belize really do not have a transitional program for our children.
I am fortunate to be able to visit the OCT program on the campus of the University of North Florida. I usually would engage directly with the students and aslo try to seek information on how to implement the program.

http://www.ldonline.org/article/12836

http://www.options.brehm.org/

2 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia!

    My name is Kyla Hamilton! I thought this site was very interesting! I agree with you about how parents wonder what is going to happen with their children after high school. The programs that are mentioned in this website is a great tool everyone involved in transition. This will be a valuable tool for me also working in the schools! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Kayla.
    We will continue to highlight each other with updates.

    ReplyDelete